Here at CANN, we are celebrating the #1 Top Standout Moment for Clay Aiken in 2012!
~ Becoming the number 1 -#2 – Participating on Celebrity Apprentice ~
Before the show ever started, the rumors of Clay being a member of the cast was being leaked on every popular entertainment site, magazine, and entertainment TV show. Each writer wanted to predict the winners and, to be honest, in most cases, Clay was thought to be one of the people who would be eliminated quickly.
However, it didn’t take long for the reviewers and audience to see that Clay Aiken was intelligent, highly motivated, funny, articulate and ready to win the entire show. So…why did I choose Clay’s participation on Celebrity Apprentice as the #1 Standout Moment? Well…
- Clay was on television every Sunday night for 14 weeks with an average of 4 to 6 million people watching each Sunday.
- Clay was re-introduced to an audience who remembered him from American Idol but had lost touch with what he was doing now.
- The writers and publishers loved writing about Clay and, in most cases, thought he was doing a great job.
- Clay started being active on Twitter. His account grew quickly with fans and non-fans signing up to see what Clay would say next.
- It seemed that the cast of the show respected Clay and let everyone know that he was a great team-mate… (Well, almost all of them).
- Clay was invited to participate in many other TV shows and so his audience grew and changed. All of a sudden it was “cool” to like Clay Aiken.
- Everyone thought Clay was the winner…almost every reviewer thought it was a given. But, when Trump got confused and named Arsenio the winner, everyone still thought Clay was the winner.
There is no way I can review 14 weeks of the show, but I will post a few of my favorite pictures. I enjoyed seeing Clay every week and even though I was in tears at the finale, I think that Clay’s participation in this show is the top stand-out moment of 2012.
So…what do you think?
What is your list of the top stand-out moments of 2012?