all the wonderful supporters of CANN
“Music speaks what cannot be expressed,
Soothes the mind and gives it rest,
Heals the heart and makes it whole,
Flows from heaven to the soul.”
Nothing touches the soul like music, and Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to express your care for that special someone through music. When sometimes words just don’t express what you’re feeling, music has a special way of reaching down to our hearts and expressing what we can’t say.
We had a very successful hunt for the romantic songs we wanted Clay Aiken to sing. We had 92 different songs that were nominated. Many of them were familiar, but there were some I had never heard of before. So……….I will list the songs that received the most votes and list them in order.
- To Love Somebody
- When A Man Loves A Woman
- I’ll Be Seeing You
- Something About Us
- When Love Takes You In
- If Ever I Would Leave You
- If I Loved You
- Only You
- When I Fall In Love
- I Want To Know What Love Is
- My Funny Valentine
- Twelfth Of Never
- Unchained Melody
- You Do Something To Me
How do you feel about the list? We certainly made it easy for you to find the perfect music to express your feelings this Valentine’s Day.
The following are some interesting facts about Valentine’s Day
- 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day.
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. That’s the largest seasonal card-sending occasion of the year, next to Christmas.
- About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets.
- In the United States, 64 percent of men do not make plans in advance for a romantic Valentine’s Day with their sweethearts.
- In 1866, candy manufacturer NECCO made the first “Conversation Hearts” – then called “Motto Hearts.” According to NECCO, eight billion of these little candies are sold between January 1 and February 14
A special Valentine Hug to SueReu for the beautiful Valentine she made for us. She is so talented.