THE OMG GALA!!
It is very late, but I want to post just a quick outline of the evening. Tomorrow, I will post more.
Words are almost impossible to describe the electricity in the air. The entire event was something I will never forget.
OK…here we go…
- All Is Well: Great way to start a concert and Clay nailed the “glory” note.
- Oh Holy Night: He sang it as beautifully as ever!
- Mary, Did You Know: The Aiken Random Lyric Generator was NOT needed.
- Don’t Save It All: Ended with thunderous applause and everyone on their feet.
- Emmanuel: He went back to the 2005 arrangement of this song.
- Invisible: Blue Independent Tour shirt and we got 3 shirt tugs in this rockin’ performance. It was so much fun!
- I Survived You: Clay said this was his personal favorite from the album. It was a passionate performance.
- A Thousand Days: It was definitely a crowd pleaser!
- As Long As We’re Here: Appropriate placement in the program as he sang this after his heartfelt tribute to a wonderful volunteer who is longer with us.
- Where I Draw The Line: Great to hear a live performance of the song that Jaymes and Clay wanted as the first single.
- Unchained Melody: I will always thank Ben for this amazing arrangement for Clay.
- Bring Back My Love: New Song…The snippets do not reflect the total feel of the song. It is a true love song that is magical.
- Hallelujah: Another Ben Cohn arrangement for Clay and Quiana which was powerful and emotional. This beautiful song was meant to be sung by Clay.
It was wonderful that Quiana was able to be an integral part of the program. She sang backup for Clay and also sang three solos: Christmas Time Is Here, Grown-up Christmas List, and I Can’t Make You Love Me If You Don’t. She is such a powerful singer and seems to get better with every performance.
The three honorees were amazing and the National Inclusion Project put on an exciting and emotional weekend. I will report more about it when it is not 1AM in the morning.
Thanks for your patience during this past week of travel. I am so glad that I was able to take in so much in the last week.