Today is the first Friday the 13th of 2012, but it won’t be the last. The superstitiously unlucky day is set to creep up two more times in 2012, so if you suffer from friggatriskaidekaphobia (that’s fear of Friday the 13th), maybe it’s best to stay indoors and find something else to do.
About 17 million to 21 million Americans have an irrational fear of the ill-fated day, according to the History Channel. There is some good news, though. The date can only appear a maximum of three times during a calendar year. This year, the inauspicious day will make two more appearances in April and July.
Although the fear might just be based on superstition, to this day, most buildings don’t have a thirteenth floor, and many airports don’t have a thirteenth gate. And apparently the economy tends to suffer a bit each time the foreboding day rolls around. Donald Dossey is the founder of the stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, NC. He says:
Well, I’m not sure how I feel about Friday The 13th. I never thought I was superstitious, but I wonder if I don’t think about it without even realizing I am!!
Instead of spending the day in fear of black cats, lets make it a fun Friday with these 13 ideas you can do as a Clay Aiken Fan!!.
- Read chapter 13 of Clay’s book, Learning To Sing. Titled, Aim For The High Notes, I am sure you will feel better after this short read.
- Take A Thirteen Minute Walk With Clay: It may only take you around the block, but a walk with your iPod filled with Clay songs will put a smile on your face. See how far walking for thirteen minutes in one direction will take you from your house.
- Watch 13 Clay Aiken YouTubes. Check out your favorites or follow a theme. Now, you know you want to do this!!
- Gift 13 copies of Bring Back My Love. You know if someone hears it, they will love it. So…sign in to iTunes or Amazon and get to work!
- Download thirteen songs by Clay Aiken: Wait…too easy… they must all be under three minutes and thirteen seconds.
- Copy 13 photos of Clay Aiken: Pile all the photos together and make a small Friday the 13th album just for you.
- Donate $13.00 to The National Inclusion Project. If we all did that today, we could send a child to camp!
- Make a 13-song CD of Clay’s Music. Do you have 13 friends to give it to? If not, why not take a few to an Assisted Living Facility or a hospital in your area?
- Mark 13 Dream Destinations on A Map. Pull out a world map, or a globe if you have one and see if you can pick 13 places where you would love to see Clay perform. (We can pretend we can afford any city.)
- Spend 13 Minutes without any distractions: Turn off the phone, the computer and the TV. Take 13 minutes to listen to Clay Aiken music!!
- Grab a Dictionary or Thesaurus. Find 13 new words that describe Clay Aiken. It’s fun and you have added some new words to your a vocabulary.
- Sign on To Your Computer. Go into your saved pictures and choose the top 13 pictures of Clay. After a few hours, take a break and then try again!
- Send 13 E-mails. Ask 13 of your Clay friends if they have requested Bring Back Your Love at their local AC radio station.
Yes…this is a fun day!! I would rather spend my day enjoying my fandom than worrying about black cats, or 13 floors in a building. Lets have fun!
Have you any other ideas for today?