Brilliant – Superb – Inpressive!! Clay was all that and more as he debuted in the Drowsy Chaperone on Tuesday night.
Clay Aiken made a successful return to the stage of the North Carolina Theatre starring as the quirky Man in The Chair.
The play began in a darkened theatre. Suddenly, a voice was heard and we knew that Clay had become the character he was portraying.
The show was so much fun. It was campy, silly, and poignant. The entire cast was amazing. Each person played their part in a true professional way.
Some of my favorite things…
1. Hearing Clay’s voice coming through the darkened theatre. It was no longer Clay, but the The Man In The Chair.
2. Watching Clay’s face…every emotion was shown on his expressive face.
3. The costumes were beautiful.
4. Watching Aldolpho get through his costume mishap and making the audience wonder if it was planned.
5. I loved watching Clay dance around on the stage, trying to keep up with the cast.
6. Watching the MITC turn from happy to sad…each emotion was played perfectly.
7. Loved the intermission…it was Clay standing center stage, unwrapping and eating a Power Bar.
8. Clay greeted each fan at the stage door. He had to be tired,yet he took the time to thank each person for being there.
The audience was on their feet at the end. Clay and the entire cast put on a wonderful show and it was nice to see them get love from the audience.
The National Inclusion Project had a beautiful booth in the lobby of the theatre. It was colorful and eye-catching. It looked like many people were stopping by to get more information.
The wonderful deemer took some great pictures. Thank you for sharing them!
I will see the show again tonight!
I know I will see more details and enjoy the play again!
Also, don’t forget…Some of us are having BBQ lunch at noon today at Clyde Cooper’s BBQ.
Stop by if you can!!