As a fan of Clay Aiken, I have come to enjoy YouTube. It has given me the opportunity to re-live many Clay Aiken memories and, even more importantly, has allowed me to watch many artistic montages by some talented fans.
YouTube was founded by three former PayPal employees, who, after witnessing the boom of online grassroots video, realized the need for a decent service that made the process of uploading, watching and sharing videos hassle-free. They registered the domain YouTube.com on February 15th, 2005 and developed the site over the following months from a garage in Menlo Park. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
Salman Asian at the website, omnivore, posted some interesting facts about YouTube. The facts are from January, 2018. The following are a few of the interesting facts.
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1.57 billion
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 75% of adults turn to YouTube for nostalgia rather than tutorials or current events.
- YouTube services 88 countries in 76 languages (or 95% of all internet users).
Do you use YouTube?
Do you download Clay Aiken performances?
Well, we certainly use them here. They make enjoying Clay so much fun.
So…lets see a Clay Aiken video!!
Do you have a favorite YouTube?