May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
Bring out your green! St. Patrick’s Day—observed every March 17—is packed with parades, good luck charms, and all things green. The event started as a religious holiday, but over time it’s become a celebration of Irish culture.
Fun Facts About Saint Patrick’s Day:
- It was named the “Friendliest Day of the Year” by the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Legend has it that St. Patrick stood on a hill in Ireland and banished all the snakes from the island.
- 1962 marked the first time Chicago dyed their river green for St Patrick’s Day.
- In 1991 March was proclaimed Irish-American Heritage Month in the United States.
- Around 150,000 people participate in the New York City parade.
- The world’s first St. Patrick’s Day parade occurred on March 17, 1762, in New York City.
- 36.3 million U.S. residents claimed Irish ancestry in 2008. This number was more than eight times the population of Ireland itself (4.4 million)?
- The Irish flag is green, white and orange. The green symbolizes the people of the south, and orange, the people of the north. White represents the peace that brings them together as a nation?
- Legend says that each leaf of the clover means something: the first is for hope, the second for faith, the third for love and the fourth for luck?
- Leprechauns are little make-believe fairies from Ireland. They are the little old men who are shoemakers for the fairies. They usually stand about 2 feet tall. The legend is that if you catch one you can force him to tell you where he hides his gold?
Whatever Clay is doing this holiday, I hope he wears one of his green sweaters, eats corned beef and cabbage, some soda bread and sings a lovely Irish song to whomever is around!
I am so glad that I found the following Video.
It is an Irish treat! (Even if it isn’t Clay!!)
I hope you will watch!
What are you doing to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Will you remember to wear green?
Will you tip back a Guinness?
Whatever you do, have fun and look forward to all the wonderful things that are in the future for Clay and his fans!!!
Clay has his green sweater on. i hope he had fun today.