As most of you know, Clay Aiken made his first starring role on Broadway, playing Sir Robin in the quirky musical, Spamalot. Clay’s first run in the show was from January 18 to May 4, 2008. After taking the summer off, Clay returned to the show and played the show from September 19, 2008 to January 4, 2009.
Spamalot is the hilarious musical adaption of the classic 1975 film,’Monty Python and the Holy Grail”.
The following is a list of some of the interesting facts about the show.
- The Lady of the Lake’s costumes are all comprised of hand-strung glass beads.
- Six pounds of confetti are used at each performance.
- There are more than 100 wigs in the show, all hand-tied and made pf human hair.
- It takes more than 80 people on stage and off to run each performance,
- The poorest peasants’ costumes in the show are actually made of raw silk.
- The mud make-up is a formula specially designed for Spanalot.
What fun it was to see Clay on Spamalot. He is so talented!