Mother’s Day is a time of commemoration and celebration for all Moms. It is a time of breakfast in bed, family gatherings, and crayon scribbled “I Love You’s”
Here are a few fun facts about Mothers
- The first official celebration of mothers in the United States took place in 1858.
- From Australia to Zimbabwe, more than sixty countries celebrate Mother’s Day together with Americans on the second Sunday in May.
- More than 83 million mothers are living in the United States, according to the US Census Bureau.
- Nearly 96% of all Americans participate in Mother’s Day celebrations in some way. Mother’s Day is the peak day for long distance carriers.
- Mother’s Day is the second biggest gift-giving holiday in America, preceded only by Christmas. The National Retail Foundation estimates that Americans will spend more than $14 billion a year on Mother’s Day.
- Mr. Roger’s mom knit him many of the sweaters he wore on the set of his popular children’s television show.
- Elephant moms gestate their calves for 22 months. Thankfully, human babies are born after 37 to 42 weeks.
Clay Aiken has lots of “mothers” that he adores. There are two that will probably get extra attention this year.
The mother of your child always has a special place in your life. Happy Mother’s Day to Jaymes!
It doesn’t matter how old you are, your own mother is always a part of your life. Happy Mother’s Day to Faye!
Happy Mother’s Day To All