A big Thank you to all the Clay Aiken fans that participated in last week’s song poll. Because of your help, we have a great list of Holiday songs that would be wonderful for Clay to record.
Many of the submitted song titles were new to me and I am looking forward to checking out I-Tunes for more information on them. Other songs got one or two mentions and they brought out a smile as I remembered the song and the holiday memory that went along with the carol. With so many great holiday songs, maybe we can talk Clay into recording two new Holiday albums!!
Here are the 6 songs that got the top votes:
1. Celebrate Me Home: The Kenny Loggins hit received the highest vote total. Kenny recorded the song in 1976, but I got to know the song when Clay sang it on tour in 2005.
2. Good News: Originally recorded by the Christian band, Avalon, Good News became a highlight on Clay’s 2004 tour when he sang it as an encore.
3. Welcome To Our World: This beautiful song was written by Michael w. Smith and Chris Rice. In 2007, Clay sang this moving song with a full symphonic orchestra on his Christmas tour.
4. Beautiful Star of Bethlehem: This one always brings a tear to my eyes when I think of Clay singing to his beloved Papa. It also made me ask, “What puts a song in the category of Blue Grass?? (What is Bluegrass?)
5. Do You Hear What I Hear: This touching song was written in 1962 by the composing team of Regney and Shayne. They wrote it as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis. It has sold millions of copies by many different artists. Clay would make the song his own!
6. Blue Christmas: Elvis Presley made Blue Christmas a holiday classic when he recorded the song in 1957. We already know that Clay can sing Elvis songs…so Blue Christmas might be a great fit!
I have posted videos of the top four songs. I am sure you have seen them before, but…. These videos really show why these songs are at the top of the list.
Thank you so much for participating in this fun project!!