On Sunday, February 12, 2012, Donald Trump will be presenting his show, Celebrity Apprentice. With a cast of great celebrities, the show should garner viewers throughout the United States and Canada.
To be honest, I have never been a huge fan of “the Donald.” I shy away from huge egos and people who crave the limelight. But, besides his unusual hair, I admit, I didn’t know much about Trump or his children. I have to say after reading about him and his kids I was somewhat surprised.
The following are a few facts about Donald Trump.
- Trump began his career in his family’s real estate business after studying at the Wharton Business School. He worked with his father for five years and was extremely successful in making profitable deals. His father commented on his son’s business success by stating “everything he seems to touch turns to gold”.
- He is a developer of real-estate complexes and skyscrapers, including Trump Tower, Trump Place Apartments and Trump Casinos and Resorts.
- Trump is an author of best-selling books, including The Art of The Deal.
- Nearly forced to file bankruptcy in 1990 after a loss of over two-thirds of his net worth. Eventually he recovered and returned his net worth to $3 billion.
- It is reported that Trump receives $3 million per episode of his Apprentice Shows.
- Trump manages both of Central Park’s public skating rinks.
- If nothing else, Donald Trump seems to have instilled some great attributes to his son and daughter who are a part of Celebrity Apprentice.
Ivanka Trump graduated Cum Laude from the Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania and received a bachelor’s degree in science in economics. Presently, she is the Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions of The Trump Organization. She is in charge of the domestic and global expansion of the company’s real estate interests.
Besides her work at the Trump Organization, Ivanka has a successful Fine Jewelry line, a footwear collection and a partnership with Mondani Handbags and Accessories. In 2012, Ivanka will present her line of clothing that will be distributed through Macy’s Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor, Dillard’s and Zappos.
Ivanka is involved in the United Nation Foundation’s Girl Up initiative. This is a campaign to recruit young women to support U.N. programs for girls in developing countries. She works with Elizabeth Gore and Queen Rania of Jordan. The goal is to bring awareness and career skills to young women around the world.
Over the last 3 years, Ivanka has worked with her brother, Eric, for a foundation for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. They have raised more than $1 million dollars and work to improve the lives of children battling life-threatening and debilitating medical conditions. It certainly sounds like Ivanka has her priorities in line.
Donald Jr. is the director of project acquisitions and development for The Trump Organization throughout the world. He is actively overseeing over 70 projects all over the world.
According to his biography, Donald Jr. is:
…an accomplished and sought after speaker. He has spoken extensively throughout the United States and has given keynote speeches internationally, notably in Dubai and India. Mr. Trump is also an avid philanthropist, sitting on the Board of Directors of Operation Smile and is strongly involved in the Eric Trump Foundation.
It is hard for most of us to identify with these people, as their wealth is extraordinary. However, it is so nice to read that they are active in trying to make the world a bit better by supporting important causes.
So…when February 12th comes along, will you look at the Trumps a bit differently than before? Or…will you only have eyes for a tall, handsome, intelligent, talented entertainer?
* The source for this information was Donald Trump’s Internet Site