On Wednesday, April 25th, the Family Equality Council posted the following on their Facebook Page:
We are thrilled to announce that 2009 honoree and Spamalot star Clay Aiken will be performing at Night at the Pier 2012! We’ll also have a special performance by Tony nominated Montego Glover, who is currently performing in Memphis!
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Location: Pier Sixty
23rd St. and the Hudson River
New York, NY 10011
Visit www.familyequality.org/pier to purchase your tickets today! Online ticket sales end May 4th.
Family Equality Council’s Night at the Pier brings together LGBT parents, allies, and honored guests to celebrate the progress we have made as a community of loving families towards full equality. Join us in celebrating our year-long national celebration of Family Equality Council’s 30th anniversary and our renewed commitment to creating a stronger world for our community. Guests will enjoy an elegant evening of cocktails, live music, silent auction and mingling over a seated dinner.
From their extensive website:
Family Equality Council connects, supports, and represents the one million lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender parents in this country and the two million children they are raising.
BECAUSE OF OUR WORK:
- LGBT moms and dads come together in a strong community that provides friendship, good advice, and support—just like any other community of parents.
- Children with LGBT parents can meet, play, and make friends with other children who have LGBT moms and dads.
- LGBT men and women can find information on starting a family, adopting, or becoming foster parents—and children can find forever families.
- More Americans know a family with LGBT parents—and realize how much we have in common.
- Children are safer from bullying.
- More schools, places of worship, hospitals and clinics, and government agencies treat LGBT-parented families with the respect that all families deserve.
- The law more often recognizes all the moms and dads who have made the commitment to be parents.
- We are creating a world where all loving families are recognized, respected, protected, and celebrated.
Already, many fans of Clay Aiken have purchased tickets to see Clay perform and to support this wonderful organization.
CLAY TO RECEIVE EQUALITY CIRCLE AWARD
On Tuesday, April 21st, at Family Equality Council’s Night at the Tavern event in New York City, Clay will receive the Equality Circle Award for his commitment to loving families of all kinds, taking a stand, and sharing his journey to parenthood proudly. Family Equality Council is proud to honor Clay for all of his work on behalf of children and for all that he does to make the world a safer place for his own child and the children of LGBT parents everywhere. Tickets to join Clay at this special event are $250 and all revenue goes to support the important work of Family Equality Council. For a limited time, Family Equality Council is holding a limited number of tickets specifically for Clay’s fans. If you would like participate in this special event, please email FECtickets@clayonline.com for more information.
In 2009, the celebration, called Night at the Tavern, was held at the famous Tavern On The Green. There was a cocktail reception, a full-course seated dinner, a silent auction and entertainment, including a special guest performance by Linda Eder. Many New York area fans were able to attend the event and seemed to have a wonderful time.
If you live in the New York area or are planning to be in the area on May 8th, consider attending this fabulous event. It’s a Win – Win event… You get to see Clay perform and you are supporting a wonderful organization.
BUT…Promise if you are there that you let us know all the details. This is one time when it is hard to be thousands of miles fro New York!!!