Try these interesting facts out:
- No other month begins on the same day of the week as June. This year, that day is Friday.
- June 19th is the birthday of Garfield, a comic strip created by Jim Davis.
- June’s flower is the rose or honeysuckle.
- June’s birthstone is the pearl, Alexandrite, or moonstone.
- June is National Turkey Lover’s Month. Americans consume more than 353 million pounds of turkey during National Turkey Lovers’ Month.
- On June 19, 1997, Cats became the longest running show in the history of Broadway.
- The very first baseball game was played on June 19,1845, across the Hudson River in Hoboken, New York.
- June 1st also marks the start of Atlantic Hurricane Season, be careful!
Clay Aiken has done many things in the month of June. One of my favorites events in June was Clay’s appearance on Good Morning America on June 1st, 2010. Clay was there to promote his new CD, Tried & True.
Clay had a great chat with Robin Roberts. It was rather short, but very positive and covered many topics. When asked about his son, Parker, Clay answered that he was learning to live with less sleep…then he quickly changed the subject.
Clay was accompanied to the studio by his publicist, Cindi Berger and David Novak who worked with Clay on the album Tried & True.
Joined by a small band, Clay performed Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You.