I didn’t have enough time to find all the news I was looking for, however, I plan on collecting some more information that I hope will be interesting.
The following are a few random facts about the radio:
- In North America, there are 859 AC stations on the radio (from Radio-Locator)
- Rush Limbaugh has a weekly audience of at least 15 million listeners and makes approximately $750,000 each week.
- Hot contemporary radio stations usually play a combination of classic hits and mainstream music…some also include pop music and alternative rock.
- Hot AC stations target their music to the 18-54 age group and both men and women.
- Every week, 8.8 million listeners, in about 200 markets, tune in to Delilah for her blunt advice and “Sappy love songs”
- John Tesh hosts a nationally syndicated radio show based inLos Angeles. According to Tesh, the show airs on about 300 stations nationwide.
Look for more information about radio personalities and AC music next week. Jeff McKay, a writer at the website, RadioInfo will be releasing a 5 part study on the state of the radio personalities. I hope it is filled with interesting information and easy to understand!
The Radio…Clay Aiken has not had a lot of play on the radio, but he has certainly done his share of interviews with many stations. He even participated in a few radio tour stops at the beginning of his career.
The following are some pictures from Clay’s radio days!!
Did you see Clay at any of the Radio Concerts?