September brings back-to-school season and summer’s end, but it is also a month full of many unusual things to celebrate. I think the following are rather “interesting” celebrations!
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Fall Hat Month
- International Square Dancing Month
- National Blueberry Popsicle Month
- National Courtesy Month
- National Piano Month
- Chicken Month
- Baby Safety Month
- Little League Month
- Honey Month
- Self Improvement Month
- Better Breakfast Month
For those of us on a Clay Aiken blog, the important cause is:
Classical Music Month
Many of us enjoy classical music, but when asked by someone, “What is classical music?” we are unable to provide a solid statement about this genre that encompasses many styles of music and spans more than seven hundred years.
The following are some definitions of and comments about Classical Music:
- Orchestral and chamber music, etc, as opposed to jazz, folk music, etc.
- Classical Music is the joy of being involved with something larger than you are.
- The best thing about being a musician is carrying around works of art in your head all the time.
- Lovers of classical music speak of it as a refuge from the stress of everyday life, a sanctuary of timeless treasures.
- The musician, A. Ansbacher said: Classical music for me is simply a thing of beauty…that everybody should have the opportunity to enjoy.
Whatever your favorite genre of music might be it is wonderful that the month of September celebrates music. Having grown up in a home where classical music was all I ever heard, I love listening to Brahms, Mahler, Mozart and many other great composers. Yet, when I heard Clay Aiken sing the first time, my heart soared and life was just a little bit better than the day before.
The following video is “Classic Clay”
Do you ever listen to Classical Music?
If so, do you have a favorite composer or composition?
I have a few favorites mostly by Chopin. These music pieces have been recorded as pop music. I love these three: Nocturne E Flat Major Op.9 No.2, Nocturne Op 9 No 2, Fantasie Impromptu.
Thank you for the pictures and the video. I do listen to Classical Music. I love this song and Clay voice is perfect. Thank you CANN.
I don't listen to classical music, but my friend has our PBS classic station on in her home all day, every day. So when I go for a visit I hear it. Our Symphony is having outdoor Community Concerts on Sundays this month & next that are free. I enjoyed the one yesterday, especially when they played 3 passages from Carmen.
I was there that night and simply, simply enjoyed that night sooo much!!!! An evening I’ll never forget !!!
Thanks sooo much for reliving that beautiful night❤️