Grab your four-leaf clovers, rabbit’s feet and horseshoes and Face Your Fears!!
Friday the 13th is upon us.
Fear of Friday the thirteen is known as paraskevidekatriaphobia. Can you say that 5 times fast? If you can’t pronounce it, you must not have it… right?
All kidding aside, it is a real fear. Some people who have this disorder are even afraid to say the words, “Friday the 13th”. Other people avoid flying on a plane, going to work, or even going out of their home.
According to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, millions of Americans are afraid of Friday the 13th. The symptoms of this fear range from mild anxiety and a nagging sense of doom to full-blown panic attacks.
Experts estimate that businesses lose between $800-$900mm USD on this day because people avoid traveling, going to work and even, shopping…and buying a house is a no-no!
In 2017, there happen to be two Friday the 13ths – January 13 and October 13.
So, instead of being afraid, lets do something positive and fun!
13 ideas you can do as a Clay Aiken Fan!!
- Read chapter 13 of Clay’s book, Learning To Sing. Titled, Aim For The High Notes, I am sure you will feel better after this short read.
- Take A Thirteen Minute Walk With Clay: It may only take you around the block, but a walk with your iPod filled with Clay songs will put a smile on your face. See how far walking for thirteen minutes in one direction will take you from your house.
- Watch 13 Clay Aiken YouTubes. Check out your favorites or follow a theme. Now, you know you want to do this!!
- Think of 13 people that you owe a hello to. Take a moment and write them or phone them and say hello!
- List thirteen songs by Clay Aiken: Wait…too easy… they must all be under three minutes and thirteen seconds.
- Copy 13 photos of Clay Aiken: Pile all the photos together and make a small Friday the 13th album just for you.
- Donate $13.00 to The National Inclusion Project. If we all did that today, we could send a child to camp!
- Donate $13.00 for Jerome’s recovery. Every amount will help! FOR JEROME
- Make a 13-song Playlist of Clay’s Music on a CD. Do you have 13 friends to give it to? If not, why not take a few to an Assisted Living Facility or a hospital in your area?
- Send 13 E-mails. Remind your friends to watch Clay on The View on Monday, January 16th
- Spend 13 Minutes without any distractions: Turn off the phone, the computer and the TV.
- Grab a Dictionary or Thesaurus. Find 13 new words that describe Clay Aiken. It’s fun and you have added some new words to your a vocabulary.
- Sign on To Your Computer. Go into your saved pictures and choose the top 13 pictures of Clay. After a few hours, take a break and then try again!
Yes…this is a fun day!! I would rather spend my day enjoying my fandom than worrying about black cats, or 13 floors in a building. Lets have fun!
Have you any other ideas for today?