The month of November in 2004 has to have been one of the most exciting, busy and probably frustrating months for Clay Aiken. There were so many important things happening in his career that month.
The list is long. Are you ready??
- 11-8 The Cover of TV Guide
- 11-9 World Children’s Day – McDonalds House
- 11-14 Presenter at the American Music Awards
- 11-15 Guest on Larry King Live – ½ hour interview
- 11-16 Release of CD, Merry Christmas With Love
- 11-16 Release of Book, Learning To Sing
- 11-19 Host of Voices of Change Gala for BAF
- 11-26 Start of Christmas Tour
- 11-30 Musical Star at the Christmas in Rockefeller Center
- 11-30 Birthday!
Oh, wait!! I forgot to mention all the TV shows that Clay appeared in to promote his book, CD and Christmas Special.
Then, to top it off, Clay became ill with a serious infection. Following doctors orders, he had to postpone the beginning of his tour and was not able to perform at the Voices of Change Gala. I’m tired just reading the schedule.
On November 17th, Clay was in New York, feeling under the weather, and had an interview with Katie Couric promoting Learning To Sing and Merry Christmas With Love. They talked about what the Idol experience had taught him, about being a nerd in Middle School, and accepting who you are, believing in yourself, and learning from your life experiences.
The following video shows the visit with Katie. I had to look for this one. Do you remember this?