Thursday evening, Clay Aiken was featured on InnerVIEWS, a show on PBSHouston. According to the many fans that were able to see the program, the interview was wonderful. The program showed how good Ernie Manouse is at his job as he allowed Clay to do most of the talking.
The following are a few random comments that were posted by fans after the program was broadcast. A big thank you to those of you in Houston.
- Clay came across as smart and articulate.
- Being a father and having a child changes your entire life and the decisions he makes in everything he does. He doesn’t just think about himself. He has to think about how his actions affect his son.
- Clay thinks that because he was so famous so fast he really didn’t know what he wanted. At first, he allowed people to dictate what he recorded. After 7 years in the business he hopes he has gained the respect of the people around him and that he understands what is going on and can say “I want to do it this way.”
- He is picky but not a diva. He believes he is more involved in the nuts and bolts of his career than most of his peers.
- Clay considers himself a “Type A” personality. He likes to have control…he is picky.
- He hopes he is quick to defer to others when he is working in a new field. He does not pretend to know things that he doesn’t.
- He is more comfortable being himself and saying what he wants….no more pretense.
- He told about being in an Apple store with a friend and he decided to check twitter. Sure enough, someone had tweeted “I’m standing in line with Clay Aiken in the Apple store.”
- In choosing the songs to sing, he plans to only pick songs that he loves to perform live.
- When he was recording Tried & True, Clay went into the studio without the lyrics because he knew the songs so well.
Clay had a lot more to share in the interview and I can’t wait to see it. If you are interested in getting your own copy of this exclusive interview you can call the membership department of HoustonPBS at 713-743-8483 and get your own copy for a basic membership of $40!
If you are in another viewing area, this episode will be airing in late January in selected markets. You can check with your local PBS station for more information.