- President Bush safely lands in a jet on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln returning from operations in Iraq. Bush makes a primetime address, surrounded by hundreds of sailors, in which he declares major combat operations in Iraq over while standing in front of a banner reading “Mission Accomplished.
- The King of Morocco releases 9459 prisoners from Morocco’s prisons in celebration of the birth of his first son and heir, who was named Prince Hassan.
- After a 40-year wait, Russian fans of The Beatles finally get to see former Beatle Paul McCartney on the Red Square in Moscow.
- Legendary entertainer Bob Hope celebrates his 100th birthday, quipping, “I’m so old, they’ve canceled my blood type.
- Finding Nemo was released into theaters.
- Boobs! The Musical, opens at the Triad Theater in New York City.
- Clay Aiken is the weatherman at WRAL in Raleigh, NC. It is a one-day only event!
What were you doing in May, 2003?
I am so glad I found this great video on YouTube today. I do remember Clay doing the weather, but I haven’t seen this is a long time!!