It was nice to read this positive article about Clay and the tour. Even though the tour is over, if you haven’t yet read the article, you should. You can read it at KTVU2
“Dancing Like The Stars” is an annual event sponsored by The National Inclusion Project. This year they are partnering with the Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Raleigh. The event will take place on Sunday, April 10, 2010, at 1:00pm. It will be a part of the Southern Women’s Show.
Local celebrities from the triangle area have partnered with a professional dancer and will provide a great deal of entertainment to those who attend the show. The partners have been busy for weeks, practicing their dance moves and working to get as many votes as possible. The following Raleigh celebrities are participating in this fun event.
- When not on duty at the firehouse, Joseph Callender is an actor, model, and stand-Up comedian.
- Barbara Gibbs joined ABC 11 Eyewitness News in 2001. She co-anchors the morning and noon newscasts.
- Donna Gregory serves as the Community Relations Manager for North Carolina Theater.
- Honored with two Associated Press Awards for Best Weathercast, Don Schwenneker is a meteorologist for ABC 11 Eyewitness News in the morning.
- Sharon Tazewell is on TV every morning bright and early, anchoring the NBC-17 Today newscasts.
Go to the National Inclusion Project website to read about your favorite celebrities and then click on the dancers link to see their practice video. Once you have studied the competition, click the link at the bottom to make a donation and vote for your favorite!
Arthur Murray of Raleigh is even offering a special dance package to each celebrity’s biggest donor. So….you can support The National Inclusion Project and learn to dance too!!
If you’re interested in donating money or time to the relief efforts in Japan following this week’s devastating earthquake and tsunamis, here’s a list of just a few of the organizations with programs dedicated to the cause:
- American Red Cross
- Doctors Without Borders
- Salvation Army
- Save the Children
- Global Giving
The tour is over – the memories are forever!