I watched the Democratic Convention this week. Today, I enjoyed seeing James Taylor perform as part of the last day of the convention. Taylor has been active in his support of the Democratic Party since 2004 when he participated in the Vote for Change concert tour that was organized to encourage the defeat of George W. Bush in the U.S. presidential election.
James Taylor is an American singer/songwriter. According to his website:
- He has sold more than 50 million albums throughout his career, beginning in 1968 when he was signed to The Beatles’ Apple Records.
- In 1971,Taylor was featured on the cover of Time magazine as the harbinger of the singer-songwriter era.
- His 1976 Greatest Hits album was certified Diamond and has sold 12 million U.S.copies.
- He has earned 40 gold, platinum, and multi-platinum awards and five Grammy Awards.
- Taylor was honored with the 1998 Century Award, Billboard magazine’s highest accolade, bestowed for distinguished creative achievement.
- Taylor was awarded the National Medal of Arts,America’s highest honor for artistic excellence recognizing “outstanding achievements and support of the arts”, by President Barack Obama in a ceremony at the White House in March 2011.
- Taylor has also been visibly active in environment and liberal causes.
What a full and creative life James has had.
When I think of James Taylor, I always remember that Clay Aiken remarked that he was a huge fan of James. Clay has featured some of the songs of James during his tours. I hope he does it again as the songs seem to soar when Clay sings them.
The following videos are highlights of Clay singing James Taylor hits. I chose this particular video of Carolina In My Mind because the singing is so good…the video jumps a bit, but be sure and listen. It is so good!
Did you see Clay sing these songs live?
Would you like to see Clay sing James Taylor hits again?