Today is April 1st, 2013. Is Clay Aiken in New York, Raleigh, Los Angeles, or the… Artic Circle? Is he playing pranks on his friends?? Of course we do not know where he is and that is fine. However, I hope he is with loved ones and having a fun day. Somehow, pranks and Clay Aiken seem to go together.
April Fools Day, sometimes called All Fools Day, is a day of unknown origin. Yet, most of the western world knows this is a day set aside for good-hearted pranks, hoaxes, gags, and giggles. It is a day that the gullible, well…watch out!
You Know What They Say About Fools…
- It’s better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and leave no doubt. —Mark Twain
- However big the fool, there is always a bigger fool to admire him. — Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux
- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools. — Herbert Spencer
- Sometimes one likes foolish people for their folly, better than wise people for their wisdom. — Elizabeth Gaskell
- Looking foolish does the spirit good. — John Updike
- Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. — Mark Twain
- A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees. — William Blake
- A fool must now and then be right by chance. — Cowper
- It is better to be a fool than to be dead. — Stevenson
- The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year. — Mark Twain
Since the word “FOOL” has been use a lot in this article, it is appropriate to have the correct music.
I hope you enjoy the following video. There is NOTHING foolish about this!
“What Kind Of Fool Am I?