The College of Education at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte has a fine reputation. Currently, the College enrolls over 3000 undergraduate and graduate students in professional education programs. Their programs are nationally accredited and approved by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
The UNCC College of Education has received many honors and has accomplished many things that make them proud:
- The College of Education received the Urban Impact Award from the Council of the Great City Schools in 2006
- The special education faculty is ranked in the top ten nationally in terms of scholarly productivity
- 687 UNC Charlotte alumni are National Board Certified Teachers
- The Department of Counseling received the Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2008 and the “Program of the Year” Award from the Southeastern Association of Counselor Education and Supervision in 2007
- Last year UNC Charlotte produced over 623 new teachers, the second highest number among North Carolina’s 47 colleges and universities. 73% of these graduates are now teaching in North Carolina’s public schools. A total of 6,427 UNC Charlotte alumni are currently teaching in North Carolina’s schools.
UNC Charlotte publishes a magazine for the College of Education. In the fall of 2007, this popular publication featured an article about Clay Aiken. Titled, “Measure of a Man,” the article calls Clay their most famous alumnus. The article highlights Clay’s work with his foundation and how important he feels it is to educate people about Inclusion.
The article is a nice read and features a 4 page spread which includes two beautiful pictures; one from Clay’s professional life and one from his UNICEF work.
If you have trouble reading the article, remember to click on the photo and it will enlarge to make it easier to see.
It has to be a great school – it educated Clay !!! Loved the article – and the fact that they consider him
their most famous Alumnus! I love the picture of Clay working with the young man for UNICEF!!
The last photo is excellent, too!
What a great article and fantastic pictures. UNC and all of North Carolina have a lot to be proud of in Clay. Talent, kindness, humor and intelligence. He’s definitely the complete package!
Such a great article, and Clay is still the Measure of a Man.
You go, Clay!!!!
what a great article indeed and still clay is the measure of a man