When you read this blog, I will be on my way or in Raleigh, North Carolina. Yes…I am going to attend The National Inclusion Project’s 7th Annual Power of Play Inclusion Conference.
The conference will be held March 29 -31 at the Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh.
According to the National Inclusion Project:
The conference will include training on serving families effectively, building lifelong friendships for children, achieving positive behaviors, preventing and handling bullying, and creating accessible activities among other topics. This inspiring event is for all people who desire to ensure no child sits on the sidelines.
I am so glad that I get to be a part of this event. I expect to learn a lot and meet many new friends.
Aron Hall is the Director of Programs at The National Inclusion Project. He coordinates the Let’s ALL Play partnership programs and trainings. Aron will be very busy at this conference since this event is one of his most important projects of the year. Aron has an excellent background and educational history, but more important to me is how good he is when teaching a session. His laid back personality and wealth of knowledge makes the time fly. I always leave one of his workshops with a smile and the realization that I really learned so much from Aron.
There are so many wonderful speakers from all over the United States who will be sharing their knowledge with us. I am sure this will be an exciting experience. We will hear:
- Dr. Amanda Kloo, PhD is a tenured professor at Belmont Abbey College in the Department of Education.
- Julie Wilson co-anchors the ABC11 Eyewitness News weekend morning newscast.
- Dr. John Dattilo is a Professor in the Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management at Penn State University.
- Stuart J. Schleien, Ph.D, LRT/CTRS, CPRP, is a Professor and Chair in the Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Mark Spolidoro has been an adapted physical education teacher for 25 years in the Boston Public School system.
- Gary N. Siperstein, PhD is founder and director of the Center for Social Development and Education at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Arielle Zellis is currently a senior at Stern College, working her way towards becoming a behavior analyst.
If you would like more information about The Power of Play Inclusion Conference, you can visit the website at POWEROFPLAY
The following pictures are from the 2016 Power of Play Conference.
Because of my trip from California to Raleigh, North Carolina, and my participation in the Conference, my schedule will be a bit different. I hope you will understand. I will post when I can but the times will probably off. Thank you for your understanding.
I can’t wait to share some of my excitement with all of you!
And, yes…I will try and post pictures too!