The following announcement was posted on the Official Facebook Page of the NBC Universal Store.
Rose Kennedy once said, “I looked on child-rearing not only as a work of love and duty, but as a profession that was fully as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world, and one that demanded the best that I could bring it.”
Mother’s Day in the United States is annually held on the second Sunday of May. It celebrates motherhood and it is a time to appreciate mothers and mother figures. Many people give gifts, cards, flowers, candy, a meal in a restaurant or other treats to their mother and mother figures, including grandmothers, great-grandmothers, stepmothers, and foster mothers.
Here are a few fun facts about Mothers
- The first official celebration of mothers in the United States took place in 1858.
- From Australia to Zimbabwe, more than sixty countries celebrate Mother’s Day together with Americans on the second Sunday in May.
- More than 83 million mothers are living in the United States, according to the US Census Bureau.
- Nearly 96% of all Americans participate in Mother’s Day celebrations in some way. Mother’s Day is the peak day for long distance carriers.
- Mother’s Day is the second biggest gift-giving holiday in America, preceded only by Christmas. The National Retail Foundation estimates that Americans will spend more than $14 billion a year on Mother’s Day.
- Mr. Roger’s mom knit him many of the sweaters he wore on the set of his popular children’s television show.
- Elephant moms gestate their calves for 22 months. Thankfully, human babies are born after 37 to 42 weeks.
Even though Clay Aiken will be very busy today, I would imagine that there are two very special Moms that will hear from him today.
The mother of your child always has a special place in your life.
Happy Mother’s Day to Jaymes!
It doesn’t matter how old you are,
your own mother is always a part of your life.
Happy Mother’s Day to Faye!
News, reviews, and screen-caps will be added today as they become available
from Face The Nation and