Today is Bastille Day
France celebrates Bastille Day on July 14. Bastille Day is the equivalent of America’s July 4th. It is celebrated across France. Celebrations include fireworks, parades, and Fireman’s Galas, in which firehouses across France open their doors to the public for a night of partying.
Bastille Day remembers the end of the French monarchy and the beginning of the French Revolution.
The French had good reason to rebel. The corrupt king and queen’s actions were causing the poor to go hungry and the wealthy, middle-class merchants and businessmen were tired of not having their concerns heard. By the late 1780s, people in France were fed up and so they began speaking out and met in groups to demand that new laws be made. King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette tried to quiet everyone, but the citizens eventually rebelled.
The flag of France has three colors; Blue, white and red. They symbolize the Republic’s three ideals: Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity for all French citizens.
So…to all our French readers, we wish you a wonderful holiday.
As we are waiting for more news from Clay Aiken, I want to just remind you of a bit of information.
There are 3 official online sites to help supporters keep informed about Clay Aiken and his campaign.
- Clay For North Carolina – the official website for Clay For Congress. Be sure and give it a hit every few days. The new information posted is always interesting. CLAYFORCONGRESS
- Clay For North Carolina – the official Facebook page for Clay’s political career. I hope you have all “liked” the page. Right now, Clay has 7,612 likes. Do you think we can get the number a bit higher? I also try and like each article that is written. It only takes a minute and shows support. CLAYFORNORTHCAROLINA
- ClayForNC is the Official campaign account of Clay Aiken on Twitter. There are 2,329 followers on this account. I know that some of you are not big twitter fans, but I NEVER read the nasty posts that you find on celebrities accounts. I try to re-tweet every tweet that Clay (TeamClay) posts and will often post a positive sentence about the topic of the day. I never respond to the crazies. That’s what they want! CLAYFORNC
BUT…please don’t forget about this site too. We have 3 unofficial online sites.
- CANN: This blog is the cornerstone. I try to keep this site up-to-date each day. I always want to post the news of the day, but sometimes, when Clay is not in the public eye, I post some related news. I hope you visit each day. CANN loves comments too. They help us to know if we are on the right track and it also boosts our listing on Google. For those who get the e-mail, I hope you will click on the link to see the real page occasionally and then it is easier to leave a comment. CANN
- CANN has a Facebook page too. I can add quick info and pictures there so check it out! Clay Aiken News Network has 1,257 likes. Check it out HERE
- AND, we have a twitter account too. We have the blog and the twitter account programed so that when we post, a tweet will post too. It is always fun to go over there and see some re-tweets. You can reach the account at ClayNewsNetwork We have3,049 followers.
So…there are lots of places to read about Clay.
It will be fun to see if any of the numbers go up today!!
Did you see these pictures from July 4th??
I hope we get some new pictures this week!!