President: Jimmy Carter
Vice President: Walter Mondale
Median Household Income: $15,064
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.15
Popular Musicians and Songs
- Bee Gees with ” Night Fever and Stayin Alive “
- Paul McCartney and Wings
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
- Rolling Stones
- Commodores with ” Three Times a Lady “
- Doobie Brothers
- Steely Dan
- Hall and Oates
- James Taylor
- Loggins and Messina
From the Billboard Top 100
- Shadow Dancing – Andy Gibb
- Night Fever – Bee Gees
- You Light Up My Life – Debby Boone
- Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
- Kiss You All Over – Exile
There was no cable television, home computer, or cell phone. There was also no CD players or CD’s. The Walkman was the latest innovation.
Popular TV Programs
- Happy Days
- Little House on the Prairie
- The Rockford Files
- Good Morning America
- Saturday Night Live
- Wheel of Fortune
- Charlie’s Angels
- Quincy, M.E.
- The Muppet Show
- The Love Boat
- Three’s Company
- All in the Family
Cast of Saturday Night Live: John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris, Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman, Bill Murray, and Don Novello with the Paul Shaffer Orchestra.
- Saturday Night Fever
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- National Lampoon’s Animal House
- Jaws 2
- Heaven Can Wait
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Revenge of the Pink Panther
- The Deer Hunter
- Annie Hall wins Best Picture Oscar.
- Richard Dreyfuss wins Best Actor Oscar.
- Diane Keaton wins Best Actress Oscar.
- You Light Up My Life wins Best Song Oscar.
- Record of the Year is Hotel California by The Eagles.
- Album of the Year is Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.
- The NY Yankees win The World Series.
- The Dallas Cowboys win Superbowl XII.
- The Washington Bullets win the NBA Championship.
- The Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup.
- Pete Rose gets 3,000th hit.
- Al Unser wins the Indy 500.
- Gary Player wins the Masters.
In The News
- Harvey Milk and San Francisco Mayor George Moscone are murdered.
- The Susan B. Anthony Dollar is issued.
- John Wayne Gacey is arrested.
- The first computer bulletin board is created in Chicago, Il.
- Roman Polanski skips bail.
- The Cult leader Jim Jones instructed 400 members of his church, “People’s Temple”, to commit suicide in Guyana.
- Pope Paul VI dies at age 80
- The comic strip character, Garfield, first appeared.
And in 1978, a handsome young boy named Clayton was born.
This is the last day to add your votes to Monday’s blog. Your vote is important!!