This Is The Moment
Last 2 Verses
This is the moment –
My final test –
I never reckoned,
I won’t look down,
I must not fall!
This is the moment,
The sweetest moment of them all!
This is the moment!
Damn all the odds!
This day, or never,
I’ll sit forever
With the gods!
When I look back,
I will always recall,
Moment for moment,
This was the moment,
The greatest moment
Of them all!
Many years ago, I was given the CD of the music from the Broadway show, Jekyll & Hyde. My entire family enjoyed listening to the music and each one of us had our favorite song. It was fun learning more about the talented man who had that exciting music in his soul.
Frank Wildhorn was born in New York and taught himself the piano while in high school. His interest was varied and he wrote and performed music ranging from Rock & roll to Rhythm & Blues to Jazz. He graduated from The University of Southern California where he began writing Jekyll & Hyde.
The following are a few facts about Frank Wildhorn:
- In 1999, he became the first composer in 22 years to have three shows running simultaneously on Broadway.
- His shows have been nominated for 8 Tony Awards.
- He wrote the #1 hit by Whitney Houston, Where Do Broken Hearts Go.
- There have been 11 international recordings of Jekyll & Hyde recorded in 7 languages.
- The music from Jekyll & Hyde has been featured at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Miss America Pageant, and President Bill Clinton’s Inauguration.
- Wildhorn launched 6 Broadway scores in 14 years, no small feat.
- His last musical, Bonnie & Clyde was not a success and closed after only 69 performances.
- He was married to Linda Eder for six years and they have a young son. They were divorced in 2004.
When I first heard Clay Aiken sing, I always hoped that I might hear him perform This Is The Moment, from Jekyll & Hyde. When I found out he sang it at the Pieces of Gold Show in Raleigh, I was not surprised. I was thrilled when he sang it again in Raleigh at the Bringing Broadway Home concert on June 21, 2010. It was wonderful to hear one of my favorite songs performed by my favorite singer.
For more information on Frank Wildhorn, visit his Website.
Do you like this song?
Dr. Jekyll and Hyde is my favorite Broadway musical! So many beautiful songs! When Clay performed "This is the Moment", one can see this song was about his own personal triumph with his life!
Thank you, musicfan! I enjoy the performance with OMC!
Jekyll. And Hyde is one of my favorite shows. Hearing Clay sing This Is The Moment is wonderful. A perfect meeting of voice and song. Love it!!
I have many, many favorite songs sung by Clay, BUT this is my very FAVORITE!!! I have listened to it a zillion times. Thanks for posting it. I just listened to it 5 more times.
I've never seen Jekyll & Hyde..but absolutely love this song, and especially with Clay singing it. LOVE IT!!!! Thanks Musicfan
Thanks musicfan. Great voice, great song equals great performance.
thanks music fan i never saw jeckle and hide but ilike the song clay sings that song
It would be awesome if Clay would do a whole CD of Broadway songs, like Josh Groban just did. (but do different songs, though! )